Sign Your Child Up!
SIGN UP to participate in our research.
Please feel free to email or call us with
Children are eligible to participate in our research studies based on their date of birth. When your child becomes eligible for a study, we will notify you via email or phone.
All information we collect from you is maintained in a private UNLV Infant & Child Studies database. We respect your privacy and do not ever share your private
information with anyone.
What can you expect during your visit?
– A trained research assistant (RA) will meet you outside the lab to greet you and direct you to our reserved parking space.
– You and your family will sit in our greeting area while the RA explains the study procedure, your rights as a study participant, and obtains your informed consent if you choose to participate in the research. There are toys and books in this room for your children to enjoy. Siblings and other family members are welcome to come to the visit.
If your infant is participating in a study…
– You and your infant will sit together in the study room where your baby will view faces on the computer monitors. We record your infants’ looking toward the faces.
– After the study ends, you are free to view the faces your infant saw.
– We provide you with a onesie, t-shirt, or bib for your infant and walk you back out to your car.
If your child is participating in a study…
– For some studies, you are in the same room as your child during the study. In other studies you will be in a different room during the study, but will be able to observe your child via webcam.
Always feel free to ask any questions you may have about the research at any time!